Enterprises can accelerate innovation, take advantage of elastic infrastructure and manage costs by moving the right workloads into public or private cloud solutions through implementing a cloud-native application platform.
ECS Team can partner with you to develop a cloud-native development strategy optimized for your business goals, IT skillsets and existing infrastructure. We also develop new applications or build an actionable plan for migrating existing ones to the right combination of public and private cloud providers. This enables your company to gain the business benefits of cloud technology while avoiding the risks of provider lock-in.
Cloud-Native Development Competencies
- Cloud-Native Applications Platform Selection
- CloudLaunch Cloud Foundry Quick Start Service
- Continuous Deployment Pipelines for Cloud-Native Application Platforms
- SaaS Application Integration
What is a Cloud-Native Applications Platform?
In the early days of cloud, technology leaders embraced popular public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services. Because of time, there were perceived benefits of getting an initial version of an application or service to market over waiting months to build applications traditionally. In many cases, teams building these cloud-based applications lacked the experience or mindset to build in scalable features to meet demand when apps became successful.
A cloud-native applications platform, also referred to as platform-as-a-service or PaaS, delivers the ability to rapidly build and deploy applications into production using cloud infrastructure, while also delivering the robust scalability, health monitoring and dynamic provisioning required for web-scale operations. Some of the popular PaaS today are built on the Cloud Foundry open source project. Cloud Foundry offers enterprises an open cloud platform on-premises or in one of several public clouds.
Why Do I Need to Integrate My Cloud Applications?
Too often, vendors selling software-as-a-service (SaaS) solutions focus on just the initial implementation or roll-out of a new SaaS application. This can fail to deliver the expected value that can only be realized by the right amount of integration with existing on-premises applications, databases and processes. ECS Team consultants have experience beyond the SaaS solution itself helping businesses rapidly create scalable, robust integrations with mission-critical applications running inside your enterprise.
ECS Team assists enterprises with cloud-native development projects during the initial phase of vendor selection through the setup, migration and implementation of the platform. ECS Team is a silver member of the Cloud Foundry Foundation. Our cloud-native development services include:
- Initial cloud-native strategy and roadmap
- Cloud platform vendor evaluation and selection
- Triage of existing applications to determine feasibility for cloud-native transformation
- Transformation and migration of existing applications to cloud-native applications
- Development of new cloud-native applications
- Integration of existing enterprise applications and services with applications deployed to a cloud-native platform
- Implementation of Cloud Foundry solutions including Pivotal Cloud Foundry, ActiveState Stackato or HP Helion Development Platform as well as open source
- Implementation of RedHat OpenShift, Kubernetes and other emerging solutions
ECS Team recently completed a project at a Fortune 50 retailer that transformed the way it wrote software. Using Pivotal Labs as a template, the team fully immersed themselves in Agile, pair programming and continuous integration/continuous delivery with the goal of replatforming an invoice management application to Pivotal Cloud Foundry.